We had a huge celebration yesterday. Hattie is nearly, almost, just so close, to being completely potty trained. I don't know why my kids have been so tough to convince to use the potty, but Hattie took quite a long time too.
Much in the same way we tried to bribe Grace with a coveted toy, I took Harriet to the Paper Store about 2 months ago, maybe 3, to pick out something she really wanted as a bribe for the potty. She chose a baby doll, of course. We brought it home and put it on top of the fridge as the grand prize when she finally mastered the subject.
Our other bribe has been boxes of chocolate balls from Idylwilde. They sell these really yummy chocolates wrapped up like all kinds of things. I bought a box thinking that I would give Hattie one chocolate ball each time she thought about, sat on, tried to go, or actually went, pee pee in the potty. Unfortunately, Hattie won't stand for just one chocolate, so she goes through 2 every time and then of course we have to give one to Grace too. We've been through more boxes than I can count. These little things are pretty expensive! Still, when you're trying for THIS goal, you're willing to write a blank check if they'll just do it!
The baby sat on top of the fridge the whole time. Hattie wanted it so bad, but she was totally set against any discussion of going poop on the potty. I decided after so many months that if she would just do it once, I'd give her the baby.
We've strangely had 3 days at home with virtually no where to go this week, so I took the opportunity to really practice this potty stuff. Yesterday it paid off big time. Harriet, completely on her own, decided to tell me that she needed to poop in the potty and totally did it! HOORAY!!!
Now, we're going to be gone to a million places today...we'll see how this big girl Hattie does...

1 comment:
YAY!!! Congrats!! What a huge relief!
Now, just be thankful that you aren't Hailey and have two of them....
Post a Comment