My friend Chris tagged me a while ago. I haven't done anything about it because I've been trying to think of new things to write about my boring old self. Here are the rules:
Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names; then goes to their blog, leaves them a comment by letting them know that they've been tagged and invites them to read your blog.
1- I have never sent a text message. Ever. I have received a few, but never responded. I actually don't even know how to do it. Since it takes me probably one whole minute to enter in a name to my cell phone contacts, I'm sure I will never be good at texting. You can text me, but don't expect a response anytime soon. This makes me feel very old-fashioned and out-dated.
2- I am a food snob. I haven't always been a food snob. In the last year, I have discovered that there isn't any actual real food in 90% of a regular grocery store- especially in the center aisles. The only food is on the perimeter as you walk through produce, dairy, meet, and bakery. I'm really not sure what they're selling on the aisles, but it isn't meant for regular human consumption. (that being said - I will still eat a sleeve of oreos on a Friday night in front of a movie - so don't read too much into this!) I am now addicted to a local farm market for produce and a Trader Joe's for most of what we eat. We were out of BBQ sauce last week and I was at our regular grocery store and couldn't bring myself to buy any because I know I can get it at Trader Joe's where the ingredients are actual food items and not high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. I am not a person who MUST HAVE the "organic" stuff. Being biology/chemistry major, anything containing carbon is organic, so I'd sure hate to eat something in-organic which would have to be made of some sort of metal or gaseous non-metal or radioactive substance. I just want actual food and I don't want hormones and chemistry experiments as major ingredients in what I eat! Having said this - I won't be snobby at your house. If I am served food in someone else's home or a restaurant, I will happily eat what I am served and I won't think about it one bit. If someone is nice enough to make me something and bring it to me, I will gladly eat it with a smile and I will be grateful for their generosity. If I am at a church or other social function, I won't bring my own food because I'm too good for what is being served. But, at my own house, I am a food snob.
3- I have a recurring dream that I've been having for years. There are variations, but basically, I dream that I have not been to math class for an entire school year and it is now time for graduation and I am going to be short my math credit and I don't even know where the math classroom is to go talk to my teacher and work things out. This is a really stressful dream and usually happens when I am under stress too. I had it last night again. I often think about what it might mean. Today in sacrament meeting, a member of our bishopric told us about an almost identical dream that he has and his conclusion was that he is unprepared for something. I don't know what I'm unprepared for, but apparently, I stress about being unprepared!
4- I am broken. This is what David tells me. I have scoliosis in my spine which means that my back is all gnarly and put together wrong which makes the rest of me not quite right too. I also have lots of joint problems. I can truly tell you if it's going to rain because my knees ache. I'm not bothered by it most of the time, so I don't seek medical attention. At least David is nice and gives me lots of back rubs...
5- habits? do I have to confess? probably not best to do when you don't know who reads this! (and when you DO know who reads this!)
6- I rode my bike for the first time since getting pregnant with Grace. We went on a family bike ride on Friday. I don't mind biking with Grace as a partner. She's just like me - goes slower downhill than up! David, on the other hand can get pretty frustrated with me which is why I don't ride much. Now that my bike has been dusted off, I'm hoping to do more rides with the kids.
I'm not going to go to your blogs, so we'll see who really reads this. Tag, you're it! To: oh, honestly, do I even have 6 friends? If you want to do it, be my guest :-) The person who is really fun to play tag with is Hattie! She will run up to you at the most unlikely moment and tap you and say "tag" and run away. It is really funny.
1 year ago

1 comment:
Now I am very curious about your habits! Are you a nose picker?
Post a Comment