Sunday, March 04, 2007

Long time no see...



I haven't seen my cousin Abbey since I moved to the East coast. She lives in the mid-west and we haven't crossed paths in Salt Lake in 2 years. She called us up last month to report that she would be in our area on business and wondered if she could spend some time with us. Of Course!!! We are always so happy to have family and company come to stay with us. The more the merrier. Fortunately, she was able to come the same week-end as my sisters and nephew, so we spent one day and night together doing some serious hanging out and catching up. She is SO much fun and so cute. Grace had a ball with her and they played and played and played. We only wish she could have stayed the whole week-end. I had forgotten how much fun I use to have with my Mitchell cousins. We were really close, but adulthood, marriage, and kids have made it more difficult and seemingly less necessary to get together. After seeing Abbey this weekend, it made me realize that I really do miss seeing all of them and I will have to do a better job of keeping in touch with them. I also look at my kids and at their cousins, especially those of similar age, and hope that they will have close relationships and want to spend time together too. It is more difficult when you don't live in the same state as any of your family, but there are so many modern ways to communicate and travel that it shouldn't be impossible. My siblings are so important to me and I would hope that our kids would be important to each other too.

Thanks for coming Abbey. We immensely enjoyed having you at our house and welcome you back anytime. That invitation goes for any of our family and friends!!!

No comments: