
Well, little harriet has turned into BIG HARRIET!!! She is now 8 weeks old, almost 2 months old, and weighs 13 pounds even! On Sunday, I tried to put a dress on her that Emily brought back from the Cayman islands. I've been waiting until the weather was warm enough to wear it. I couldn't believe it when I almost couldn't squeeze her fat little arms and torso into it. It made me so sad because Emily gave Grace a matching one that fits well and they could have worn them together all summer!! Not anymore I guess. Even David said that "we'd have to have another girl now so that she could wear that dress." (We'll talk about having more babies at a MUCH later date!)

I had to take her to the doctor yesterday (5 days before her scheduled 2 month appointment) because she has just had the worst time lately with eating. She is a volcano of sour milk all day long and has recently started crying whenever she's fed. Yesterday morning, I decided I couldn't wait any longer and I took her in. She has classic baby reflux. They did give her some zantac. It's supposed to make things better, but it's not a miracle by any means. I think she has felt better since getting the medicine, but she still does spit up and still does have a hard time eating. They say it might take a few days to really kick in and I'm hoping that things will get even better. Of course, it will get better as she gets older and her stomach matures, but for now, we are stuck with a fussy, gassy, wet baby who goes through about 4 outfits a day (yesterday, I went through 3 myself because I'm always in the line of fire!)

In spite of all that, she's still a doll. I am totally in love with her. She is beautiful and chubby and has a funny personality. I will look down at her and she'll just be grinning at me with a crooked, fat-cheeked, open mouth smile. It's almost like she's laughing at me trying to figure her out. She definitely knows things that I don't know!

No comments:
Post a Comment