
There is light at the end of the tunnel...
Literally, for Harriet, this is true! I went to the doctor yesterday for my last ultrasound. This little girl is ready to rock and roll. She's already 7 lbs 12 oz and there are still 4 weeks left to her due date. I didn't think that either David or I had the genes for such a big baby (Grace was 7 lbs 4 oz at birth and has hovered around the 10-25th percentile her whole life.) Harriet's current weight is in the 97th percentile! The only time we've ever seen the 97th percentile was on our grade school SAT scores. Apparently staying home all winter provided me lots of opportunity to eat very well. I'm 2 pounds shy of the weight I was when I delivered Grace, so I told Harriet that neither one of us is allowed to gain more than 2 pounds before she is born. I would prefer that she keep her gain to under a pound!
I think the 9th month of pregnancy was invented so that women would be willing to do anything (namely go through labor, delivery, and having a newborn) in order to stop being pregnant. That is the point I'm to. I can't imagine this belly getting much bigger or me getting much more uncomfortable and unable to do things.
Fortunately, my doctor is not going to make me wait 4 more weeks. If Harriet doesn't show up on her own by May 2nd, she will be forced to come out. So, the next time you see a picture of Harriet on our blog, it will be in full color and she will have clothes on!
On with the nesting...

1 comment:
Should I wish you good luck? I'm sure you'll do fine.
Post a Comment