My own personal hell
Between all the revelation and grey hairs my friends write about, it is a wonder I even bother to blog. But every once in a while, events occur which force my hand. This last Saturday was one such event.
Saturdays are precious. Indeed, Saturdays may just be sacred. More than any other day I value my Saturdays. It is the one day I have where I can do things at my own leisure, and I hate when Saturdays are wasted. This last Saturday Michelle, Grace, and I drove to Framingham to the nearest REI to buy an item. Unfortunately, we ended up getting lost. We have now lived here for almost 1 year and there is a reason we don't often head south of our place. Framingham and Natick are like the Sandy of Salt Lake City. Crazy roads that are nearly impossible to navigate and very easy to lose one's way even with the help of a GPS. We shun the communities to the south, not so much for snobbery but for sanity.
Too make a long story short, what should have been a 20-25 minute drive turned into a 90 minute drive. To add insult to injury, the item we wanted was not in stock at the store. Add in the return trip (thankfully we didn't get lost) and it turned into a 3 hour misadventure. This whole adventure started with me wanting to save $8 dollars on shipping. But I have come to the conclusion that life is too short to waste time driving in Framingham over a mere $8. From now on it is www.rei.com!

No comments:
Post a Comment