Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm 30???

Old enough and young enough that no one took a picture of me on my birthday! Well, actually, I've been saying I'm 30 for almost a year now. David is about 9 months older than me and as soon as he has his birthday, I forget how old I am and I say his age. It's totally true. My birthday is so close to Christmas that by the time the holidays are over, I just forget about it altogether. However, I really am 30 now and have joined the ranks of the 30-somethings. No more being associated with those 20-somethings. The 20's were great - college, new jobs, parties, crazy trips with friends, horse shows, weddings and a few babies here and there. But, I'm ready to be one of those generic people who just strives to keep a clean house, a car that runs and isn't sticky inside (although, I'm still young enough I'm not willing to hand over my pathfinder for a minivan), clean and happy kids, a good marriage and a few close friends. It's nice not to worry so much about what I wear, what people think of me, and whether I have the latest hairdo. (well, I guess I never really worried about that, did I?) Now, people just look at what Grace is doing and wearing and saying and they assume that if she's put together that I am too. So, naturally, all my focus goes to her. That doesn't necessarily come with turning 30 years old, but being 30 instead of 22 sure does help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so glad when I left the ranks of the 20-somethings and bumped up to the 30-somethings. Although I do not claim Tara's age as my own. I don't want to be old!